Group leader: Tiziana M.P. Cattaneo
Affiliation: Consiglio per la ricerca in agricoltura e l’analisi dell’economia agraria (CREA)
Research Topics: agro-food, processed products, post-harvest, spectroscopy
The research activities are focused on the studies of biological, biochemical and commodity aspects in the agricultural field.
The principal skills are:
- Assessment of technological processes
- Ripening, storage, and shelf-life optimization
- Development of post-harvest technologies for fruits and vegetables
- Development of post-slaughter technologies for animal products
- Assessment of monitoring systems and procedures for the quality control along the agro-food chain
- Improvement of the global quality with particular attention in maintaining the original nutritional and sensory characteristics of agro-food products.